Saturday 4 June 2011

DVD: The Mechanic



This remake of the Charles Bronson movie has Jason Statham (The Expendables) in the lead role of the Hitman, Arthur Bishop.


Bishop, aided by his sidekick Steve (Ben Foster from Alpha Dog), must turn the tables on their employer (Tony Goldwyn from Ghost) who has framed Bishop's mentor and Steve's Father Harry (Donald Sutherland from....erm...take your pick......Lock Up).


Standard action movie stuff here but Statham and Foster are fantastic and have good chemistry. Foster gets the nod for acting (very intense) while Statham shades it (just) on the action scenes.


Perfect lads night in entertainment.


Ric's Rating: 74%

5 comments:

  1. That's what I thought - nothing really new, but the leads were really good in their roles.
    Looking forward to your game picks for Monday's blogfest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aarrggh, I almost forgot about that !

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had to go back and watch the original again, it had been about 20 years since I Had seen it, story line stayed basically the same, but man Charles Bronson, To this day he is still hard to stomach as an action hero. Movie definitely updated well, good action as we have always come to expect from Jason Statham. I can understand the revenge part at the end, but in the end it pays to be prepared. Working at DISH I like to surf the website looking for good deals, and since I subscribe to Blockbuster by mail already, this caught my eye, right now new Dish customers are eligible for 3 free months of blockbuster by mail. Check it out at http://goo.gl/wuMrN

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoyed The Mechanic! Statham usually delivers the action goods.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shaun, was that an advert? Bronson was good in Death Wish but not too much else.
    Ty, I'm with you on that !

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think. I value all comments and fully intend to reply.