Tuesday 26 July 2011

DVD: Big Fan





In this drama from 2009 an obsessed fan's encounter with his sporting hero doesn't turn out as planned.


I expected more from this. Instead of the dark drama I was hoping for I got a tale of a 30something nerd living with his Mum who's life revolves around American Football and radio talk shows pertaining to it.


It's a decent performance from Patton Oswalt in the leading role but every time I thought it was about to get interesting it didn't.

Maybe I just don't understand sports obsessives but on this evidence I wouldn't even want to try.



Ric's Rating: 34%

7 comments:

  1. Like you, I don't get the obsessiveness of sports either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do enjoy some sports Mariah but they would never be that important to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I live with a massive sports fan (he watches anything with a score) and so I do get the obsessivness of it, but this movie really doesn't sound that interesting. Thanks for the heads up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not sure, but I think I don't like Patton Oswalt ever since I've been watching him in otherwise amazing UNITED STATES OF TARA.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jennifer, I keep reminding my partner how lucky she is that I don't watch much sports on tv!
    Dez, I haven't seen him in anything else but he is pretty good in this part, pity about the overall movie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This was pretty decent. Patton Oswalt put in a good performance.

    ReplyDelete
  7. His performance was the best thing about it Ty.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think. I value all comments and fully intend to reply.