Sunday 3 April 2011

A - Z Challenge: C


C is for........................The Cobra by Frederick Forsyth.


The lovely people at Transworld Publishers have sent me a copy of this for review.


I've never read Forsyth but this sounds pretty cool.


Synopsis:


The Cocaine industry is worth billions of dollars a year to the drug cartels who spread their evil seed across Western society. Its usage causes incalculable misery, poverty and death. Slowly, gradually, inexorably it is spreading...it is a blight which must be stopped.One man, Paul Devereaux, intellectual, dedicated, utterly ruthless and ex-CIA special ops, is given what seems like an impossible task. At his disposal, anything he wants - men, resources, money. He will not stop until he has completed his mission.Up to now the drug trade has been used to world governments attempting to prevent them plying their trade. But up to now, those governments have played by the rules. That is about to change. The rules no longer apply... and a dirty war is about to get a whole lot dirtier...



Check back soon for a full review.

10 comments:

  1. This does sound good. Thanks for the review.

    Happy to meet you through the challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to this one. He's a great writer. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, sounds very good. Look forward to hearing what you think!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the comments guys.

    Please note that due to some computer trouble I may miss a few posts in the challenge....hopefully it'll be sorted asap and I'll re-join at the appropriate letter.

    Ricky

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh it sounds good, might have to look for that one

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like another book I need to be on my to-read list! Can't wait to read your full review.


    Sheila Staley : Reviewer & Writer
    Book reviews and Author Interviews at my blog at http://whynotbecauseisaidso.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmm. Interesting. :)
    I'm a new follower from the A-Z challenge. Nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm looking forward to reading it. Full review will be up asap.
    Thanks for the comments, especially those of you who have decided to follow, hope you enjoy the blog.
    I'll be visiting some of your own sites as soon as my ongoing computer problems are sorted.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think. I value all comments and fully intend to reply.