Sunday 27 February 2011

Film: Drive Angry


Nicolas Cage is Milton, a man who has escaped Hell to avenge the murder of his Daughter and save her child.
In pursuit is Prison Break's William Fichtner as The Accountant who must return Milton to his eternal damnation.
This is all done in a gloriously over the top style similar to Machete albeit with not quite the same results.
It's good fun and has some teriffic action and chase scenes but the silly comedy tends to interfere with a good old fashioned revenge story that would have had more impact without the humour.
Also, the 3D adds nothing to this film, if anything it too detracts from the story which still manages to shine through, just.
Enjoyable nonsense that could've done with an edgier feel.
Ric's Rating: 60%

4 comments:

  1. Hmmm, I think I'll wait to Netflix this. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. See. My point exactly - the stick 3D on it and think we'll be daft enough to overlook the fact that the movie could be better. We're on their case, Ricky!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That seems to be the consensus. Will wait for NetFlix.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A wise choice Hannah & Alex.

    The 3D thing is getting to me a bit Michael. I want to like it but sometimes it's a struggle. I know it's a gimmick but done well it can be fantastic.
    Thor will be released in both 2D and 3D and I really can't decide which version to go see.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think. I value all comments and fully intend to reply.