Monday 14 February 2011

DVD: Life As We Know It


Two single thirty-somethings find themselves responsible for bringing up a child in this endearing comedy drama.

This is not merely dirty nappy (diaper) and baby sick jokes, although they are included, there is much more to this movie as Holly (Katherine Heigl) and Messer (Josh Duhamel) struggle with their new found responsibility.

I won’t include any plot spoilers and if this sounds like your kind of film I’d advise avoiding any detailed reviews.

I will say that it’s unusual to find a film of such quality in this genre. It manages to deftly combine comedy with sadness as it provides as many touching moments as laughs and although it does get predictable in the final third it’s still a far better film than I expected.
Ric's Rating: 79%

2 comments:

  1. I must admit Heigl's films are usually my dirty pleasure :) She always has great partners in the films (including the pride of Scotland, our Gerry Butler) ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Dez !

    Yes, she was great in Knocked Up.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think. I value all comments and fully intend to reply.