Friday 29 April 2011

Book: Winds Of Change by Jason Brannon




In this novella Jason Brannon brings us an apocalyptic vision that is simultaneously terrifying and intriguing.

Shortly after witnessing a falling star a group of strangers find themselves trapped in a hardware store. Stepping outside means instant death as everyone who ventures out disintegrates into a pillar of salt.

The group contemplate the reasons for the nightmarish scenario they find themselves in and as theories come and go personal differences emerge.

This moves at a relentless pace and demands that you keep reading so it’s all over pretty quickly. It feels like a refreshing slap in the face compared to some of the laborious horror novels I have endured.

Brannon is one to look out for, I will definitely be checking out more of his work.

Ric’s Rating: 82%

7 comments:

  1. You don't get much horror these days. Have you read Joe Hill?

    Oh and that cover gives me the creeps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, good horror is hard to come by Michael.

    I agree about the cover and I'll look up Joe Hill.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hopefully better than The Mist. Hated the ending.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds very interesting! I'll be sure to check this one out. The cover draws me to it as well. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alex, I thought of The Mist as I was writing the review but I haven't seen it so didn't want to attempt a comparison.
    Pat, it's a quick read, let me know what you thought if you do get round to it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Angela and welcome to the blog.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think. I value all comments and fully intend to reply.