Sunday 11 July 2010

Film: Predators

This latest attempt to kickstart the franchise sees the unlikely choice of
Adrien Brody stepping into Arnie's shoes.

It's pretty much a sequel to the original and kicks off with a group of (mostly military) people finding themselves in an unknown place.

The Predators then start hunting them down.

No need to go on about the story as that's about it, the film is about the action and I really don't think there was enough of it, actually I reckon A v P had more.

Brody shows his versatility as a believable action star and the rest of the cast are adequate without being outstanding although Walton Goggins from TV's The Shield steals a few scenes.

No new twists here and not a patch on the original, this just about gets by as a straight forward action movie but I wouldn't recommend a cinema visit, wait for the DVD.

Ric's Rating: 53%

9 comments:

  1. Cheers, Ricky - that was the call I was looking for. DVD it is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Though it wasn't perfect by any means but features plenty of the qualities that made the original a cult favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I posted my review yesterday. It wasn't a great movie, but it was fun - and exactly what I'd expected.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Guys,
    Yeah, I'm not saying it's terrible. I just felt that I'd have had more fun watching the original. Oleg Taktarov (of UFC fame) and the rest of the supporting cast don't have half the appeal of Jesse Ventura, Carl Weathers etc.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The trailers looked decent. Thanks for the review...I'll wait to watch it on the small screen. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Rick yep heard the same thing! There's a great Aussie movie out called 'Animal Kingdom' though. If you have not seen it, I hope you do watch it. I think you might be impressed

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Okie, thanks for stopping by.

    Valerie, thanks for the recommendation. I will check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was just debating whether to check this out or just wait until the Expendables comes out and go see that instead. I'll wait for the dvd.
    Thanks dude!

    ReplyDelete
  9. No probs Mike, Expendables was much better.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think. I value all comments and fully intend to reply.