Wednesday 15 February 2012

Reviews News: New Rating System





I've decided to give the rating system a revamp.


Instead of the % ratings there will be six categories, these are:



ESSENTIAL - A book or movie that must be experienced.


HIGHLY RECOMMENDED - Very good but lacking that special something to make it essential.


GOOD - Something that's pretty decent but has faults.


DODGY - A story that isn't up to scratch but may appeal to some people.


POOR - Nothing much to recommend for anything that falls into this category.


ABANDONED - This is for anything so bad that I can't endure the entire thing.



I don't intend to change any previous ratings but might if I have the time or the inclination so in general this system will start with the next review.


Hopefully this makes the ratings a bit clearer, let me know what you think.

5 comments:

  1. I like it. Might borrow some of your ideas for my own film reviews. Very good system.

    ReplyDelete
  2. good idea, Ricky. Fits with your "man on the street" approach.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys. I did enjoy the % system as it gave lots of scope but sometimes less is more. We'll see how it feels after the first few reviews. I plan to add a brief key to the sidebar too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those sound good! Hope you don't have to endure too many abandoned films.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Any film or book that I've abandoned doesn't normally get a mention Alex so now I can include them.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think. I value all comments and fully intend to reply.