Monday 9 July 2012

Reviews Interviews: Nick Nevern

New British drama ‘The Rise and Fall of a White Collar Hooligan’ arrives on DVD this week and in a first for Ric’s Reviews the star of the film Nick Nevern stopped by for a quick chat.

Despite the title, ‘The Rise and Fall of a White Collar Hooligan’ isn’t a tale of football hooliganism. What’s your take on your character, Mike Jacobs?

You’re right it’s not. I guess it’s much bigger than a simple tale of football hooliganism. Mike is a humble guy who just gets caught up in the scandalous web of money and deceit. When such opportunities of getting large amounts of money at quick speeds are given to you, it sure as hell takes a strong will to turn a blind eye and not give in to temptation.

The film is based on a true story. Do you know anything about the real-life events?

Working on these sorts of films you do get to meet some, let’s just say, shady people. I actually met the real ‘Mike’ on the set of a different movie. He seemed nice enough you know, but I wouldn’t want to see the dark side of him if you know what I mean!

You directed and starred in ‘Terry’. How comfortable are you taking direction?

Very easy bro as it’s my job you know. It absolutely helps that Paul [Tanter] and I have a great working relationship and so taking direction from Paul is always very trouble-free. I understand that there are challenges many actors face when working with some directors but hopefully I never experience the lows you know.

What’s next for you?

There’s a whole host of new projects in the pipeline but I’m hoping to get back in the Director’s chair very soon. Keep your eyes peeled!

As you know I’m a massive fan of ‘Terry’. Any plans to return to that character?

That’s so kind of you to say so thank you! I love that character so much. He will always have a special place in my heart you know so perhaps we’ll see him again one day. You never know!

Good luck with ‘The Rise and Fall of a White Collar Hooligan’ and your upcoming projects.

 You can follow Nick on twitter @NickNevern and take a look at him in action by clicking the trailer below.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think. I value all comments and fully intend to reply.