Monday 14 November 2011

Film: In Time



Singer turned actor Justin Timberlake takes the lead in this futuristic thriller in which humans have been genetically engineered to stop aging at 25. Unfortunately they only get to live for another year and the implanted countdown clock on their arms is a permanent reminder of how much time they have left.

In this society the currency is time with everyone having to bargain their days, minutes and hours on everything from phone calls to food. Timberlake’s character suddenly finds himself in possession of an abundance of time and sets about investigating the people who ration it.

This promised much but delivered little. When we reach the fourth or fifth time JT manages to save himself with seconds to spare it all becomes a bit boring. Cillian Murphy (28 Days Later) does finally manage to play a menacing character after his previous failed attempts in films like Red Eye and The Dark Knight but that isn’t enough to recommend this one.

Ric’s Rating: 47%

7 comments:

  1. I must admit I liked it a lot. Thought the premise was cool and the execution even cooler. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It didn't intrigue me enough to venture out to the theater. And not a Timberlake fan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Guys,

    It was a great idea it just didn't work for me. The fact that they were all supposed to be 25 in real terms annoyed me too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, that bad, huh? I was becoming a Timberlake fan...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought he was good in Bad Teacher Jennifer and he is ok here it's just all a bit silly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is one I'll probably wait til it hits AMC or some other movie channel. The story plot doesn't look that interesting.

    However, I think I'd like to see what Justin can do as an actor with a decent storyline. I think he'd be worth watching if he can land viable roles.

    .........dhole

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Donna,

    Timberlake was good in Bad Teacher, maybe he should stick to comedy.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think. I value all comments and fully intend to reply.