Saturday 18 June 2011

Film: Bad Teacher





The last thing Elizabeth Halsey (Cameron Diaz) wants to do is work for a living but when she is dumped by her rich boyfriend she has to return to the career she thought she'd left behind, teaching.






She gets by doing the bare minimum and showing little interest in her students but when she hears that there is a cash bonus for the teacher of the class with the highest marks in the state test she sees it as an opportunity to fund the breast enlargement that she thinks will help her snag another rich guy.




Diaz is charming and sexy as the scheming Halsey and good support comes from Justin Timberlake, Jason Segel and Lucy Punch as fellow teachers.

There are enough laughs to make this decent easy viewing that's perhaps more suited to home than cinema but it remains a reasonably enjoyable experience.

Ric's Rating: 68%

8 comments:

  1. I cannot wait to see this. The trailers all had me laughing hysterically and I love, love Jason Segel, Cameron Diaz and Justin Timberlake. I'm going with my sister when it opens next weekend. Great succinct review. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reminds me a little of School of Rock. I'm not a Diaz fan, so will catch on NetFlix.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Although I never watch rude comedies, I'm watching this one, since I think the cast is so charming and as Melsy said above, the trailers were hilarious :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Melissa, I hope you enjoy it.
    I didn't see School Of Rock Alex, I'm not a fan of Jack Black but Netflix sounds like a good option.
    Dez, it isn't too rude although there are some moments like that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like an entertaining movie. Perfect DVD rental.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm kind of looking forward to this one! Maybe we'll see it this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This one looks absolutely hilarious and I can't wait to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Guys, as much as I enjoyed it I think it's more of a DVD movie than a cinema one.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think. I value all comments and fully intend to reply.