Monday 2 May 2011

DVD: Terry








"Whatever happens just keep filming" proclaims the tagline for this British documentary-style film.





For a little while nothing much does happen as we join a film student who decides to follow a London "wide boy" and film his activities. The film accurately portrays a section of society that lives to get high and seems to always be able to spend lots of time in pubs despite none of them having any legitimate source of income.

Thankfully it all gets interesting as things begin to spiral out of control for Terry following an accidental shooting.



This is fiction but writer / director / star Nick Nevern has created a tense and gritty atmosphere giving this film a very real feel.

It isn't pleasant viewing at times as there are no likeable characters but Nevern's fantastic performance in the leading role makes it totally captivating.



I hope this leads to more for Nick Nevern as I can't wait to see what he does next.



Ric's Rating: 79%

2 comments:

  1. this sounds very interesting (sounds like some people I used to know). I'm going to try and check it out. thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha Ha. Me too Pat. Let me know what you think if you catch it.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think. I value all comments and fully intend to reply.